Step 1 - Download
Windows 32/64-bit -GbVault_Client.exe
-No user account needed
-During your free 30-day trial, simply click the "Account" link on our homepage.
Step 2 - Setup Instructions
1. Let's Begin
2. I Agree
3. Enter your e-mail address as your ID
5. Click Install
6. Click Finish
7. If you get the "Intranet" warning seen below, either click "Don't Show This" or "Enable Intranet".
Login using admin. If your computer is slower, you might not be able to sign in for about 10 seconds.
8. Choose your Time Zone
9. Create your first backup job/schedule.
Fill in a "Schedule Name"
Skip the file selection for now and choose an "Encryption Password" (don't ever lose this!)
Choose any Run Time (default: Daily 9pm)
Now, go back and select your Files and Folders at Step 2.
It is suggested NOT to use the My Documents, Desktop, etc. shortcuts seen below the hard drive letters.
Instead, click the plus symbol next to your C drive and browse to the following folder.
(Windows XP) C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME
(Windows 7) C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME
Do NOT choose your entire user folder, instead put a check by each of the following, depending on your preferences.
Desktop, Documents, Favorites, Music, Pictures, Shared
If you have hundreds of GB of music or videos, you may not want to select that folder.
Finally, if you have a large file or folder in your Documents or Desktop that you don't need backed up, you can always uncheck it.
10. After clicking "Save Backup", you may get the following window since the backup has never run.
11. Now either wait for your backup to run at its scheduled time, or begin it now by clicking "Schedule Now".
12. A Backup Progress window will appear. This can be closed at anytime without interrupting the backup.
If this window was blocked by your popup blocker, simply click the graph symbol by Reports to the right of Schedule Now.
13. For a more detailed report, you can click Reports/Backup Reports.
Click the backup name link on this page for more detail.
-No account needed to install and begin backing up.
-But when you're ready to purchase your account, simply click the "Account" link on our homepage.